Watch This Video To
Find Out More
- Disaster Recovery
- Our primary server room has Uninterrupted Power Supply that will last up to six hours without electricity. Our building and server room was designed to meet the most current earthquake building codes and demonstrated its design very well during the November 30th 2018 7.0 earthquake – no interruption to services!
For our Disaster Recovery offering, we have partnered with Alaska’s home-grown yet premier GCI. GCI’s Power Up-Time Service Level Agreement is 99.99 percent. We simply believe GCI provides the most advanced data center to host our mission-critical offsite infrastructure in a secure and highly available manner. Our backup/full-scale disaster recovery solution with GCI includes redundant generators, battery backups, fire protection, and environmental monitoring.
- We have established multiple redundant paths guaranteeing a 99.9% uptime. All of IA’s VNA and PACS servers are virtualized through five hosts with the ability to add on more hosts as necessary. For our storage, we have dual NAS heads for fail over and multiple spare drives.
We also have redundancy on our networking switches within the site and into the building. We use VMWare snapshot for backups on our VM’s. We also use VEEM to back up the VM’s night as well as our physical servers. We then replicate that to our site in Palmer AK so that we have an offsite location to store. In addition to that we use Backup Exec to back up the database and images to our PACS and VNA servers to ensure we have multiple copies.
- Security is at the center of all of our IT strategy and daily execution. We have partnered with CI Security, world-class information security professionals providing Managed Detection and Response, Vulnerability Detection, and Cybersecurity Consulting Services to help us secure our mission-critical systems. Their specialty is protecting the life safety and life-sustaining networks of healthcare organizations and critical infrastructure.
Our VNA manages security and access controls using a variety of techniques to ensure patient and hospital data are managed and stored in a secure environment. Using encrypted read only services and configurations allows the VNA to be able to protect from a data breach from within the system. The VNA along with strong infrastructure security, limits the ability for inappropriate use of data and clinical systems. Our VNA secures its software using the latest industry standard practices to ensure their product is secure, all systems and processes managed by the VNA are regulated and approved for use with HIPPA. The VNA, integrated API’s, and DICOM standards included is a regulated software service and complies with HiTECH compliance for security. We conduct all transmission of files via VPNs.
- The VPN security model provides:
- o Data Encryption utilizing military-grade encryption algorithm.
o Allow/deny rules to and from specific targets.
o Authentication to prevent unauthorized access to our system.
o Message integrity to detect any instances of tampering with transmitted messages.
- Our servers are protected behind a corporate firewall which have local antivirus and spyware protection enabled. We actively monitor all incoming / outgoing traffic to our network and have our very own full time IT specialists on staff.
We have also partnered with UltraRad to leverage their latest DICOM image routing solution technology for our proposed unified PACS solution. This partnership removes any integration challenge by providing the bridge between our PACS and information systems and provides the following benefits:
- System Benefits:
- · Built to compress acquired data.
· Designed to handle varying speed networks.
· Address multiple DICOM tags.
There are often countless DICOM tags in the DICOM standard. Should the modality not handle one or more tags that are necessary or required by the PACS system, UltraRad will automatically add these tags to studies before forwarding.
This is accomplished by applying rules or static mapping of various tags as well as complex scripts.
· Bundling of prior reports and images sent with current exam to provide our radiologists complete information for the highest quality diagnostic reports in return.